Bible Ballistics:Are You Ready? 09/29/13 Vol. 2 No.20
As fall and the changing of the seasons are looming about us, I thought a look another change would be timely. Of course I am talking about the “season” of the Lord’s return. As we see in
Acts 1:9-11 “And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.”
This same Jesus—
the same one who had come—
been born in a manger—
lived a perfect life—
preached and taught God’s word and ways—
willingly gave Himself for us on Calvary—
who was raised on the third day –
this same Jesus—
- Acts 2:21-24 says, “And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. 22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.” And Acts 4:12 reminds us that, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”
Only one way!!!
This same one said of Himself, “….
- “….I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
—the one and only way.
Oh, what He’s done for us and will do in us and through us, if we’ll but trust Him and yield to Him.
Simply stated, bow the knee to HIM….
The thing is, we will bow!!!
- Philippians 2:8-11 declares, “ And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
The question is not “will you bow”, but rather “when will you bow”? Paul tells us here that “every knee” shall bow—
So, will you bow to Jesus as Lord and Savior or
will you delay,
and face Him as your judge
rather than your Savior?
This same Jesus who ascended to heaven in Acts 1, is coming back to judge the living and the dead (also referred to as the “quick and the dead”).
- Romans 2:16 says, “ In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”
Jesus is the standard,
the only way.
Are you trusting in Him or yourself? God knows and holds us accountable for our choices.
What does this have to do with the return of Jesus? Acts 10:42-43 says,
- “And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”
- And 2 Timothy 4:1, “I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;”
- And then 1 Peter 4:5, “Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.”
The “who” here is a reference specifically to those who reject Jesus. We will all give an account of our choices!! The saved will stand before the “judgment seat of Christ” regarding the things “done in the body”. (See Romans 14:10, 2 Cor. 5:10 & 1 Cor. 3:12-15). This is a judgment of the deeds of believers not a judgment of whether we are saved or not. When we are saved we no longer come under judgment. (See Romans 8:1+)
The lost on the other hand will stand before the “great white throne” and be judged for having rejected Jesus Christ and for “their works”.
no second chance,
just the final judgment of God
and the consequence of being cast into the “lake of fire”. (See Rev. 20:11-15).
In conclusion, are YOU ready?
In John 14:3, Jesus tells us… “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”
A place prepared for glory with God, the place with Jesus for all eternity in HIS glory!!
Or a place not originally prepared for man at all, but Jesus said,
“….Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:”. Matt. 25:41.
Which way will you choose?
Glory or torment?
Eternity with Jesus or without Him?
It’s my choice!
It’s your choice!!!
Are you READY? He could come today. Please prepare yourself by looking to Jesus while His Spirit is calling you. If you hear His voice today respond to Him. As Hebrews 4:7b declares, “Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.” Because I love Jesus and I love you please look to HIM today. And remember not to choose, is to choose,
Luke 11:23, “He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.”