Bible Ballistics: “BBs” #3
Psalm 33:1-2 & 4a “Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright. 2 Praise the Lord with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings…. 4 For the word of the Lord is right……”
We are called to ‘rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous….’!!
And who are the righteous? 2 Cor. 5:21 answers that,
- “ For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.” –Him being Jesus of course!!!
What more glorious reason to rejoice? When we trust in Christ as our Lord and Savior we are made to be righteous by His stripes,
- “But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” Jesus blood replaces my sin with His Righteousness…. Praise God for that!!! I’m healed from the curse of sin, and it’s penalty-Death. So?
So let’s join the Psalmist and
- Rejoice in the Lord–always
- Praise the Lord—with all our being
- Sing to the Lord—in all joy
So? Here’s our shot for the day—Rejoice, praise and sing to the Lord. Why? Because His Word is Right—for me & to me!! He has delivered me from sin and given me HIS righteousness in Jesus. Just remember it’s in HIM alone!!
So? Rejoice—Praise—sing today. And keep looking up!!!!